About Us | Mission Statement
Our mission is to create a place of lifelong learning where people, from young child to senior citizen, embrace science as a way of knowing about themselves, their community, and their world.
We have an unyielding commitment to providing experiences and environments where people:
- participate in joyful, enlightening experiences that nurture a sense of wonder, touch the heart, and expand the mind;
- recognize that the results of scientific inquiry and technological innovation profoundly influence the way we work, communicate with one another, stay healthy, and play;
- adapt to changes in the workplace and in everyday life by acquiring skills shared by the sciences and the arts;
- act as informed and effective citizens of our communities, addressing the challenges that face society.
Our Core Values
Serving people and community is the driving force behind everything we do. Our primary measures of success are enthusiastic users, engaged stakeholders, and committed partners.
- We provide a great work environment and treat each other with respect and dignity.
- We embrace diversity as an essential component in the way we do business.
- We recognize that financial well-being is essential to carrying out our mission and ensuring our future success.