Get Involved | Jobs at the Museum
Candidates must submit a resume or Museum application in order to be considered. Applications accepted via email (preferred) at email@example.com or via fax to 919-220-5575. Please note: all applicants must pass a criminal background check prior to receiving a firm offer of employment.
Click here to access the online application if you do not have a resume to submit via email.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. All applicants will receive careful consideration, however, due to high volune of applicants, we will only contact those applicants with whom we wish to schedule an interview.
Have a question about working at the Museum? Click here
The Museum of Life and Science in Durham is looking for a Retail Associate This position supports the Museum’s mission by providing excellent customer service to enhance the customers’ retail experience and maintaining strong operational protocol to protect the Museum’s assets. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides exemplary customer service to all guests according to accepted service standards
- Knowledgeable about current product lines and communicates product information to customers
- Knows and adheres to all policies and procedures, such as opening and closing, receiving and managing inventory, cash register operations and other administrative duties.
- Assists the Retail Operations Manager and Lead Retail Operations Associates in carrying out all necessary store tasks
- Knows and ensures that at all times Museum policies and procedures are followed.
- Knows and adheres to all merchandising standards with high attention to detail.
- Additional duties as needed
Requirements for this position include a demonstrated passion for customer service. The ability to accurately handle cash, charge, and check, and gift card transactions. Basic knowledge of computer systems. The ability to stand for up to 8 hours. The ability to maneuver around sales floor and stock room including repetitive bending, prolonged standing, twisting, climbing plus the ability to lift 40 pounds. Flexible schedule with weekend and potential evening work.
This position is non-exempt adjunct, approximately 10 hours/week. The Museum is open 9am-5pm Monday through Saturday and noon-5pm on Sunday. Submit a resume or Museum application to firstname.lastname@example.org