Thanks to the Appalachian Bear Rescue website I found this true or false quiz. See if you can answer them correctly- I’ll post the answers soon.
The Appalachian Bear Rescue Mission Statement is:
(a) to rehabilitate orphaned and injured bears for release to the wild;
(b) to educate the public about black bears and the regional threats facing them; and
(c) to research bear attributes which may help solve other environmental or health-related issues
1. When a bear stands up it is going to charge.
2. All black bears are black.
3. A bear’s sense of smell is better than a dog’s.
4. Bears can’t climb trees.
5. A bear can run faster than you.
6. When hiking in bear country it is good to make noise.
7. Black bears are normally vicious and aggressive.
8. During hibernation, a bear does not eat, drink, defecate or urinate.
9. A newborn cub is about the size of a newborn human.
10. Bears mate for life.
11. Bears always make dens in caves.
12. Bears, like dogs and cats, have 4 toes on each foot.
13. People should never feed bears.
14. Bear cubs do not make good pets.
15. Bears eat lots of meat.