Rubber Ducks Take Over Durham Museum in Support of Science Learning

Rubber ducks are popping up all over Durham’s Museum of Life and Science as staff and supporters prepare to participate in the seventh annual Great American Tobacco Duck Race, part of the FOX50 Family Fest. With over three thousand ducks descending on the Museum’s eighty-four acre campus, ducks are being spotted everywhere from the Farmyard and the Into the Mist Exhibit to bobbing in the sailboat pond. Even super-sized 15ft ducks have been spotted waddling through the Museum’s Wetlands in Explore the Wild and along West Murray Avenue.

Corporate partners and Museum lovers of all ages are invited to purchase ducks to race down the Ol’ Bull River with 100% of duck sale proceeds supporting the Museum’s mission to bring hands-on science learning to the Triangle community.

“We’re delighted to be a partner in this year’s Great American Tobacco Duck Race festivities,” stated Manager for Fundraising Events Ro Rode. “It’s such a fun way to highlight the role visitor donations play in delivering hands-on programming and maintaining the Museum’s exhibits. Every $750 raised feeds the Museum’s Farmyard animals for three months and every $1,000 provides a week’s worth of chrysalises for daily butterfly releases at Magic Wings Butterfly House!”

Media inquiries contact:

Leslie Pepple, Communications Manager
919-922-5367
lesliep@ncmls.org

Back to Top