Science of Eats
General Public $24
Add $10 for Mushroom Workshop
*Member pricing for Explorer and
Supporting level members only
Calling all foodies!
Get ready for the tastiest event on the block from your favorite Museum AfterHours
group. Join us at EATS as all your favorite foodie spots from across
the Triangle converge on the Museum for a night of delectable, delicious
- Explore the science behind liquid nitrogen ice cream and grab a chilly treat from N2 Scoops
- Dive into the world of molecular gastronomy with the NC State Food Science Club
- Create your own sugar citric acid solution and test different wines for residual sugar levels with Starrlight Mead.
- Sample you way through the history of chocolate with Escazu and see how your taste buds measure up in a blind taste challenge with Cackalacky.
- Get ready to swap your favorite comfort food recipes and share your worst kitchen fails at the Museum’s food reflections station
- Chat with food scientists, meet local farmers, savor bits from all your favorite Triangle eateries and so much more!
With our usual food trucks on-site, DJ tunes and plenty of cold Triangle craft beer to go around, the only thing missing is you and your appetite!
Grow Your Own Mushrooms workshops
For just $10 more, each participant will enjoy a 40-minute workshop with local farmers from Old Milburnie Farm and make your own oyster mushroom column or shiitake mushroom log to take home.
All About Beer
Big Spoon Roasters
Carolina Farm Stewardship Association
Carrboro Coffee Roasters
Chapel Hill Creamery
Chapel Hill Toffee
Chez Moi Bakery
Duke Institute for Brain Sciences
Dig It Farm
Little Dipper Fondue
Mystic Bourbon Liqueur
NCSU Food Science Club
Old Milburnie Farm
Oscar William Cotton Candy
Top of the Hill Distillery
Triangle Brewing Company
Yates Mill Associates