Visit | FAQs
- Do I need to ride the train with my children to the Pumpkin Patch?
Yes…all children must be accompanied by at least one adult on the train and at the activity tent.
- What’s included in my ticket purchase?
Your ticket includes: a ride to the Pumpkin Patch, crafts, face painting and make and take treat bag.
- Is the Sling Shot game free?
No…the Sling Shot game is $1 for 3 pumpkin gourds to launch at the targets. The money raised supports the Museum as well as $8 of each ticket to the event.
- Does my ticket purchase guarantee a seat on the train?
Yes…each ticket reserves a seat on the train and the scheduled time. Each train car bench holds two ticket holders.
- Does the train run if it rains?
Yes…the Pumpkin Patch Express is a rain or shine event. Please dress for the weather.
- Can everyone pick a pumpkin?
Yes…every ticket holder may pick a pumpkin. Adults may pick a pumpkin for each child under 3.
- Will there be peanuts or tree nuts at this event?
No, we will not use peanuts or tree nuts, or any products made with peanut or tree nut by-products. We strongly recommend that if you or your child has allergies that you bring your own food/snacks for the day in case the snacks offered at the event do not meet with your specific needs.
- Is there a bathroom near the Pumpkin Patch?
Yes, there will be a portable bathroom for guests to use while at the Pumpkin Patch or Activity Tent.
- How long does the event take?
The event, including riding the train to and from the station should take approximately 45 minutes, but you are welcome to stay at the Museum as long as we are open for guests.
- If I can’t make my train ride, can I give my tickets to friends or family?
Yes, you may and if time allows, please contact our Reservation’s office with the substitute party at 919/220-5429 x 313. On weekends please call 919/220-5429 x 339 and speak to a Guest Relations staff member.