Visit | Santa Train FAQs
What is the cost?
$10 of each ticket is tax-deductible
Kids under 3 ride free!
What does my ticket purchase include?
- Each ticket includes one seat on the Santa Train to the North Pole to meet Santa (there are two seats per bench on the train)
- A bottomless cup of complimentary hot chocolate
- FREE face painting and crafts for children
- Enjoy the holiday music and light displays
What's NEW for 2012?
- Sprout Café will be open for light dinner, holiday treats and hot coffee. Heated indoor seating will be open
- Santa's Ice Castle - a new look at the North Pole!
All your favorite Santa Train souvenirs will be available for sale plus some new snow globes and ornaments in the gift shop trailer at the event. Cash, checks, and credit cards are accepted at the store and Café.
Where do I get my tickets after I have purchased online?
Do I get my tickets in the mail?
No, all tickets are will-call. Bring your printed confirmation page to the check-in ticket booth located in the parking lot of the main museum. If you have purchased a group of tickets for 20 or more, we are happy to mail paper tickets to your registration address.
Is the Museum's main building open and where do I go?
- The main Museum building and outdoor exhibits are closed for visitors. On some nights there will be private parties occupying the Museum's main building.
- Please park in the main Museum parking lot
- Please enter through Gate #3. Look for the holiday lights and festivities in the far corner of our parking lot near the Butterfly House
Rain dates/cancelled trains
Santa Train will run in most weather conditions. If it is determined that it is unsafe to ride the train, or that local road conditions may be unsafe for drivers, we may decide to cancel the train for the evening. We will post that decision on our website by 4:00 p.m. We will also leave a message on the Santa Train hotline at 919/220-5429 ext. 344
- Emails will be sent to all registrants who have ticket reservations for the cancelled train.
- A rain date will be provided. Generally, the Monday or Tuesday, after the cancelled train. If you cannot make the scheduled rain date, you may gift your tickets to family or friends.
- Refunds are not offered in the event you cannot make the rain date. However, we will work with you to find an alternate date to attend.
Are tickets for sale at the gate?
No, tickets are not sold at the gate
Do we get off the train?
No, you do not get off the train for this event. Santa Claus will visit each child on the train after you reach the North Pole. Please stay on the train at all times until the train returns to the station
Family members who are not riding the train:
Family members who are not riding the train may attend with you and enjoy the festivities. Only tickets holders may ride the train to the North Pole
Sick child/missed train:
If you have a sick child or inadvertently miss your train date/time, please contact our reservations office to find an alternate time. We cannot guarantee any particular date/time, but we will do our best to find a solution so that you do not miss the event.
Call 919/220-5429 x 313, Monday through Friday, 8:00 to 4:30 p.m.
If for some reason, you are unable to use your event tickets, you may give them to a family member or friend. You may pursue alternative options with our Reservations office during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
After hours and weekend contact:
For urgent matters after hours or on weekends, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What forms of payment are accepted at the event?
- We accept cash, major credit cards and checks at the Gift Shop and at Sprout Café
- No ATM is available at the event
- Cash only tips at the Face Painting station – all tips support the Museum of Life and Science operations
Tax-deductible amount of ticket:
$10 of each ticket purchased is tax-deductible. Ticket confirmation is your receipt
Not getting emails and confirmations:
Emails, confirmations, and reminders all come from Events@regonline.com
Please update your address book to include this sender